04 June 2009

Considering the Way the World is, One Happy Day is Almost a Miracle!

Paulo Coelho is one of those authors who have the power to fascinate me with their writings. I find something so anticing in his words that even if at times I do not understand something, it feels good. I become so engrossed in his words that some times I even forget my own real world. For instance, see this statement – considering the way the world is, one happy day is almost a miracle. Wow! This was the first word that I uttered after reading this statement. It is from one of his hot selling books “Eleven Minutes”. Although I have not read the book but this statement makes me crave for it. I will read it some day.

How true it is – one happy day is a miracle! Isn't it? But the tragedy is that we do not realize the miracle. Being typical human beings, we wish every day to be happy, which is next to impossible. The world works on antonyms. There has to be a balance between the positive and the negative. For happiness to exist, there has to be sadness. For richness to exist, poverty has to continue. This is the cycle of life and this is the way our world works. But who cares? All I want is happiness for me. Do I ever ask anything for somebody else? All I ask from God at the altar is something for me or something for whom I love. In the similar fashion, every single soul on the earth does so, except a few who are generous enough to think about the world beyond their four walls. Now, if everybody is asking for his happiness then God is in real trouble. He cannot make everybody happy - remember He has to maintain the balance! So, what next! We have troubles and problems that make us sad. And among this, we lose the charm of that one day on which we were happy. Isn't it like disrespecting happiness?

If we are so damn crazy for happiness then even a single moment of it should stir us! Is this the case? No! The moment we get happiness, we start praying to God to make it last for ever! How many times we have to be reminded of the fact that “change is the only constant thing?” What makes us so selfish and forgetful that we cannot learn this simple fact of life that nothing lasts for ever. If our bodies are going to die then how can we expect anything else – which is smaller than humankind – to last for ever! We have not learned the art to live in present and this is what makes us . All that matters to us is our future – which we spoil with our present, and our past – that is not in our hands anymore. We carelessly spoil the present day and continuously keep spoiling our future with it.

Life would change its meaning and its colors when we will learn to say thanks to God for every single thing He created; the day we start appreciating the beauty we see every second on earth; the day we will learn that “considering the way the world is, one happy day is almost a miracle!”

1 comment:

Sharique Nasim Siddiquie said...

One happy day is indeed a miracle!!! Excellent thought but I don't think it is selfish to crave for everlasting happiness!!! We all are humans afterall!!! I just love the fact that after every bad day.....comes the elusive happy day and that keeps the spirit high during the bad day!!!! Thats the cycle of life you are talking about!!!! A very well written piece but the thought is far more intriguing!!!! Seems you have matured a lot!!!!!